Perdue & Kidd Trial Lawyers are Leaders in Personal Injury Law

The dedicated team at Perdue & Kidd has over 100 years of combined experience providing elite representation and fierce advocacy on behalf of injury victims and their families. Co-founding attorneys Jim Perdue, Jr. and Donald Kidd are board-certified in Personal Injury Trial Law and have built a firm dedicated to doing things the right way and providing the highest quality representation with a client-centric approach. We have earned national recognition for cases including a number of high-profile lawsuits.

We have helped people in cases involving:

  • Plant fires
  • Oil refinery explosions
  • Exposure to hazardous chemicals
  • Crush injuries
  • Struck-by accidents
  • Wrongful death
  • And others
Outside shot of an industrial plant

Do I Need an Oil Refinery Accident Lawyer?

Having the representation of a personal injury attorney experienced in handling oil refinery and plant accident claims is critical in order to receive the highest possible recovery that is available to you without any undue delay. Many people injured as the result of the negligence of a third party might be reluctant to hire a lawyer. This is because people do not want to have to spend money unnecessarily if they feel that a personal injury claim might be something that they could handle themselves. In Texas, the standard method of payment for a personal injury attorney is through what is called a contingency fee. This means that a personal injury lawyer won’t ever send you a bill, invoice, or receipt. A refinery accident attorney on our team would get paid by taking a percentage of whatever the recovery is. That is the case if the recovery is through a settlement or through a jury trial. If, for whatever reason, there is no recovery, then you would not have to pay the lawyer anything. 

Statute of Limitations for Oil Refinery and Plant Accident Claims

In Texas, the statute of limitation to recover for an injury or death resulting from negligence is only two years. This means that you only have two years to pursue a recovery from the right parties. Because petrochemical plants and refineries have companies or sub-contractors working on a single operation at one time, it can be difficult to investigate and find out who the negligent party is before your two years runs out. This is only one part of the value of having a high-quality plant accident lawyer in Houston on your side. 

Insurance companies will delay investigating the claim, delay making reasonable efforts to respond to you timely, and delay giving you an appropriate response to your claim in an effort to hold out until this limitation expires. A personal injury attorney on our experienced team will ensure that the insurance companies take you and your claim seriously. If the insurance companies are not willing to cooperate, then we will file a lawsuit to make certain that they do so.

Schedule a Consultation with a Personal Injury Lawyer at Perdue & Kidd

We are happy to answer your questions and help you understand your rights. Contact our Houston offices today to schedule a one-on-one consultation with an injury attorney with a track record of success on behalf of people like you who suffered an injury in a plant or refinery accident.

Banner media

How We Get Results if Your Claim Is Not Granted

An experienced personal injury attorney will use a lawsuit if needed and diligently navigate through the discovery process to find out whether all parties are negligent or at fault for an injury or death, and what percentage of fault should be attributed to liable parties. An attorney will explore all available avenues of recovery including some you may have been unaware of. In these complex issues, the earlier you reach out to an attorney following your injury or the injury or death of a family member, the higher your odds are of recovering the compensation you are owed.

Closeup of legal books

Record. Reputation. Results.Let Us Fight For You.

Contact Us
Contact us media
Accessibility: If you are vision-impaired or have some other impairment covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to using this website, please contact our Accessibility Manager at 713-520-2500.
Contact Us