Make Sure You have an Experienced Sexual Assault Lawyer on Your Side

The attorneys at Perdue & Kidd are dedicated to helping victims of church abuse recover damages and restitution after suffering such an ordeal. Our team of board-certified, award-winning personal injury trial lawyers settle for nothing but the highest levels of advocacy for our clients nationwide. Founding attorneys, Jim Perdue, Jr. and Donald Kidd have built a firm with an impressive track record of success and national attention. 

Jim is a second-generation trial attorney who has become a leader in the field on his own merits. Our Huston-based team comprises a boutique law firm that focuses on specialized expertise and individualized representation but with the experience, resources, and reputation of a large national firm. Insurance companies pay attention when we take on a case and we don’t hesitate to take a case to trial to ensure justice is served for our client. 

Find Out if You have a Case by Contacting Perdue & Kidd Now

Church abuse cases can be complicated. There is the criminal proceedings aspect which punishes those guilty of a crime, such as sexual assault of a minor, and there is the civil case that seeks restitution for what happened to the victim of the crime. The statute of limitations of how long you can file a lawsuit for abuse is a shifting landscape. Your ability to file a claim depends on when the abuse occurred and how long has passed if you are now an adult. Schedule a consultation with a sexual assault lawyer on our team today to discuss your circumstances and see if you have a case.

You may be able to receive compensation for:

  • Medical Treatment
  • Future Care Needs
  • Pain and Suffering
  • Emotional Trauma
  • Loss of Enjoyment in Life
  • Diminished Earning Capacity
Banner media
Little girl holding onto her teddy bear.

What Constitutes Church Abuse?

Church abuse of minors can include priest and clergy abuse, abuse by a teacher or daycare worker at a church-operated school or daycare, and other religious organization personnel. When it comes to a civil case, negligence on behalf of the church that should have kept the child safe can also be responsible for damages. This is especially true when it is found that church officials have worked to ignore, protect, or cover up abuse cases. Church abuse of a minor includes instances of:

  • Unwanted physical contact of a sexual nature
  • Fondling
  • Sexually suggestive communications
  • Exposure of genitalia to a child
  • Masturbating in front of a child
  • Getting the child to perform sex acts on another
  • Showing sexually explicit images to a child
  • Rape
  • Molestation
  • Sexual harassment

Let Us Fight For You.

Contact Us
Contact us media

What We Do to Obtain Just Restitution for Church Abuse of Minors

The laws regarding civil claims are different than in criminal cases and a sexual assault attorney with us who is skilled in church abuse cases knows how to tell the victim's story and get the substantial outcome that a child and their family deserve. The general steps for obtaining compensation are:

  1. Review of current evidence.
  2. Investigation to gather further evidence, witness statements, records, expert opinions, and so forth.
  3. Compilation of the evidence and the victim’s story so there is an effective communication to the court showing church abuse and damages.
  4. Filing the complaint
  5. If the negligent parties fail to come to a just settlement, then the case can go to trial.
Doctor media

We Want to Help You Make the Perpetrators and Negligent Parties Answerable for Church Abuse of Minors

Whether you suffered church abuse as a minor or if you are the parent of a child who was sexually abused, a sexual assault lawyer at Perdue & Kidd can provide the compassionate, expert representation you need. Call our Houston law offices today to schedule a free consultation

Record. Reputation. Results.Let Us Fight For You.

Contact Us
Contact us media
Accessibility: If you are vision-impaired or have some other impairment covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to using this website, please contact our Accessibility Manager at 713-520-2500.
Contact Us